Learn how a defense base act lawyer can settle your case

Maritime claims

If you are someone who has been injured, or know of someone that has died, while working as a civilian contractor in Afghanistan or any other country where the United States has operations or military bases, be advised that you or the person you know may be entitled to compensation or benefits as part of the Defense Base Act. A defense base act attorney is a lawyer that is willing to work with clients to get compensation due to injuries suffered while on the job.
The DBA attorney, or a team of Dba lawyers, will be called upon when an accident or injury occurs, rendering a client in need of worker’s compensation. DBA benefits are often times better than a state issued workman’s comp package. A defense base act attorney will represent a claimant who is seeking this compensation. It should be noted that no DBA lawyers fees come from worker’s benefits or settlement. This type of longshore and harbor workers compensation is fought for by the attorney, but the actual attorney fees comes from the U.S. Department of Labor and is charged to the carrier, based on the time spent on a case that wins.
Those who file these types of maritime claims can begin receiving benefits, but if the insurance carrier does not, or will not, pay the amount owed in full, the claimant has the right to seek fair compensation under the Defense Base Act, using a defense base act attorney. It is the role of defense base act attorneys to fight for those civilian contractors who have been injured or killed while performing their jobs.

Comments

Chris Robertson 08-08-2013, 09:18

I’m a DBA attorney and I want people to know that I always speak in words that my clients will understand.

Francis May 13-02-2014, 19:42

An incident involving money can leave a bad taste in anyone’s mouth. I advise people to work with a lawyer that understands the case, has patience and works with the client’s best interests in mind

Jose Schultz 15-03-2014, 19:08