Pods Are to Moving as a Life Jacket is to a White Water Rafter

Pods

You might be preparing for a long distance sometime in the near future, or perhaps you are going to move to another state, or even to the opposite end of the country. If any of those prospects is likely for you, I would strongly urge you to think about renting storage pods for your move rather than hiring traditional long distance movers. In the past couple of years, a great many possibilities have sprung up for people who are moving. One of these is storage pods. Pods can be a great way to make planning and executing your move so much easier on you and your family.

Do you know what pods are? Pods are huge storage containers. They can be rented out and kept on your lawn or other areas of your property while you pack for the big upcoming move. Pods make moving easier for a number of reasons. For one thing, you will not need to rent loading ramps like you would when using traditional movers. Storage pods happen to be designed for ground level moving. Another awesome thing about using storage pods instead of traditional moving companies is that when moving day arrives, a professional driver arrives at your house and motors the already packed pod to your new home, a significantly less expensive state of affairs than hiring traditional movers.

One of the things people hate most about getting ready to move is that, as you pack, all of your boxes start taking over every room of the house! If you start packing early and have nowhere to store your boxes outside of your home, you can begin to feel quite claustrophobic in the days leading up to the actual move. Pods make that scenario a non issue. When you use pods, you can get boxes out of your house as soon as you pack them, rather than relying on expensive movers to get all of your stuff out in a two hour period on the day you are actually moving. Put simply, pods make moving so much less stressful than it normally is with a traditional moving company. There really is no contest.

Comments

Harold Hold 17-06-2014, 13:27

We moved from Baltimore to St. Louis in 2010. We used pods. It was great it was to pack and empty my house on my own time table. Not having to rush was a revelation. I will always use pods from here on out.

Lisa Taylor 17-07-2014, 13:30