Rental Homes for Military Families

Military housing website

For some of us, packing up our family and moving to a new city, state or even to a different country on short notice is not likely to happen. However, for military families it is a way of life. There are currently more than two million American children of military parents, and since 2001 over two million children in the United States have had a parent deployed.

Many bases have military rental homes available nearby. When someone is stationed in a new base which is in a small town, military rentals outside the base are often better options. There are usually military rentals available in different locations surrounding the base, and there are homes for families of any size; some have several bedrooms and baths.

The average military child will change schools six to nine times due to frequent moves. When looking for a home in a new location, military families often research the school districts whether they have school aged children or not. The ratings of the schools can be good indicators of other factors, and can impact your decision when you are looking for military homes for sale or rent.

Comments

Riley Alexander 09-10-2013, 09:50

Wow, that is a lot of moves for a kid in school. It must be hard on them, but it might also be good for them to get to see different places, and probably other cultures too.

Ester Myers 11-03-2014, 18:08

My sister is in the military and so is her husband (that is where they met). They have three kids, and move a lot. I have no idea how they do it, but they never seem to have any problems moving.

Dwayne Carpenter 10-04-2014, 20:37