Is a Condo a Good Investment for me?

Real estate cape coral florida

There are many different types of houses in the market today. Some are apartments, some are single family homes, and some are condominiums or condos. There are positives and negatives to buying each type of home. One type that has become popular in recent years is the condo. You may ask yourself, can I buy a condo? You have come to the right place. Before buying a condo there are a few things you should consider.

Your question is can I buy a condo, and of course you can. But what you may want to ask is should I buy a condo? One thing you need to consider when buying condos is whether you can afford to pay the monthly maintenance fee. This can either be a burden, if you are strapped for cash, or a blessing, if you are strapped for time. That is what you must decide. Although there is a maintenance fee to the condo association this means minimal work for you on the outside of your property. In most cases with this fee comes less responsibility. The owner of the entire property usually employs grounds keepers and maintenance men and women who do the mowing, hedge trimming, and keep the parking area clean and debris free.

Another question when thinking about condos vs houses is would you or your family make use of the extra amenities that could be provided? A lot of times condos include work out facilities, pools, and some even have basketball or tennis courts. It is possible to find a pool with a home but in some cases you have to bypass some of your other wants for this one. If you are living in a warmer climate this type of amenity could be especially important to you and your family. If you do not plan to use any of these features you may skip right over this thought all together. However, if you would like to put these amenities to use you may want to highly consider the purchase of a condo.

The original question, can I buy a condo, was answered. Yes you can. You should now have a little bit more insight as to whether you should. There are more things to consider than the maintenance fees and the inclusion of amenities. However, this hopefully gave you a great starting point to your future home research. Research more here. Read more.

Comments

Stanley Ramirex 25-09-2013, 09:36

My parents own condos and they rent them out to people. It is a great way to make a little bit of extra money.

Sydney Ferguson 26-02-2014, 19:18

I lived in a condo for 3 years and not having to do any of the mowing or shoveling or gardening was great. I do not have skills when it comes to landscaping.

Ricardo Hayes 28-03-2014, 20:01