If you own a car, you will need to take it to an auto body repair shop at some point. Auto collision repair will be the last thing on your mind if you have just had an accident. Already having a good mechanic who works for a quality auto repair service on speed dial before you have need of one will save you a lot of time and money in the long run. Here are a few things that you should know about cars and the main causes for collisions.
1. In spite of the number of accidents that happen in the United states each year, cars are safer than they have ever been in the past. Considering the fact that fatal car accidents are at the lowest they have been in 60 years, it seems like they will only get more and more safe as technology continues to progress.
2. The statistics for increases and decreases in fatal car crashes have show a variance depending on the location. A recent study has shown that car crash fatalities in rural areas declined by almost seven percent while those in urban areas slightly by point three percent.
3. According to the National Sleep Foundation, people feeling drowsy or falling asleep behind the wheel attributes to as many as two million car accidents and near misses each year.
4. One of the easiest ways to avoid an accident that would require you to visit an auto body repair shop is to stop driving when you are tired. If you are having difficulty focusing, feeling heavy eyelids or frequently blinking while driving, you are at a much higher danger of falling asleep and causing an accident.
5. Did you know that if you hit a cow while driving, it is actually the owner of the cows responsibility? The reason behind this is because the cow should not have been in the road in the first place. In cases like these, it is possible to file a comprehensive claim under your car insurance policy and then have your insurance company subrogate the claim.