Organic Beds and Bedding What are they, How do they Work, and Why would you Want to Own One

Natural bed

The word organic has really become a term with a lot of stigma and exclusivity over time. Usually, the term organic refers to how food is grown, but that is specifically organic farming. Other items can be organic and all natural, which is what most people assume that the term organic means. For example, you can have a natural mattress, also known as an organic bed.

Now, I know you’re getting images of a bed covered in vines made of dirt or something, but I can assure you that that isn’t what the term organic bed. It looks just like a regular bed, and there are certain standards to which is is made so that it can be a certified organic bed.

There are other things you probably didn’t realize could be called organic either. For example, there is such a thing as organic bedding. That’s right. Organic sheets, organic linens, you can have an organic blanket. The reason that certain bedding can be called organic is because it is usually made from organically raised fibers, such as cotton or wool.

Comments

Dennis Knight 10-09-2013, 11:17

oh god now they make organic beds too. im gonna be in walmart looking at sheets now and some crazy is going to come up to me and tell me why these sheets are bad for the environment.

Maurice Mann 19-02-2014, 20:38

xD That sounds hilarious and horrible. I was sitting in KFC once and had that happen about my eating choices. I can’t wait to see it start happening in stores that don’t even sell food.

Liz Harris 22-03-2014, 12:42